My Essay

A person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Why? Use specific examples and reasons to support your answer.

Moving is always a big deal. It adds changes to people’s lives. Those changes include both positive and negative. If a person I know is planning to move to my town or city, I would give both likes and dislikes before he or she is moving in order not to let her feel regret.

First of all, I live in a place called Shanghai, which is one of the most developed cities in China. As it is a developed city, the facilities and environment are outstanding. There’s a subway that we can take; these days lots of people are busy going to the company and need to think about the money simultaneously. In this case, people don’t have to consider about the money since the price is quite appropriate for all the people. Not only the moderate prices the subway is very clean. Since there are varieties of people in the station, the custodians should think what kinds of circumstance people want deeply. There is also a movie theater nearby. Most people have to take a bus to watch a movie, but it only takes few minutes to reach CGV in my town. The distance from home to the theater is close enough that I can go there with my friends whenever I want, except for when I run out of money. Furthermore, all the facilities are definitely preferable to all people ranging from the elders to young children.

There are of course some weak points, though. To clarify, my city is very crowded because of heavy traffic and people. The population of urbanization is growing rapidly. Therefore, there are a lot of people wondering around on the street. Moreover, no matter how many people live in this city, people hardly notice who live next to their own house. This causes some problems since most of the people notice their neighbor in the 90s. To take my friends’ experience, she was late for school and went out as quick as she could to avoid the heavy traffic. However, when she was running, she fell down and there was a woman helped her. At that time, she was grateful but didn’t have time to say a word. As time goes, she felt regret that she did not even say “Thank you” to that person. When she came back from school, she found out that the woman that helped her in the morning was her neighbor. She realized that she was not careful and prudent enough and the strange consequence occurred. Thus, people are less likely to know about neighbors who live next to their own houses.

To sum up, having a lot of convenient facilities is one of the greatest benefits if he or she moves into my city. However, if they consider quiet living places with amicable relationship among neighbors, my city is not an appropriate place to live in. If they want a developed city, my place will provide some benefits.

Submitted by: ella

About ella