Dictators V. School Bullies: Very Much Alike - Flagged

Write a 3 compare/contrast essay on Dicators vs. School Bullies.

What does it feel like to have no freedom? Both dictators and school bullies enjoy taking other people’s freedom away. Some people believe that dictators only exist in the political world; others believe dictator is too harsh of a title for someone. Therefore, many people call dictators other names, such as bullies. School bullies, who may seem less dangerous and offensive than dictators, are actually very similar to them in several ways. Whereas dictators are in charge of a huge country and school bullies are in charge of a school, they are both similar in several different ways.

One similarity between dictators and school bullies is their personalities. They are very arrogant, regarding themselves as the highest authority out there. They create their own rules and expect people to abide by them, with those that do not being punished. School bullies and dictators do not want to be seen as softhearted, so they are very strict with their rules and consequences. As time passes on and a school bully’s or dictator’s reign becomes longer, they begin to believe their rules are the only rules that exist and forget about the actual law. Soon, they think their laws are the only laws that exist; this causes them to break the regular law or school rules frequently. Dictators can bribe government officials to stay out of trouble, while school bullies can bribe their principal to avoid inconveniences.

Another similarity between school bullies and dictators is how they both use violence. To remain powerful, both need to make sure that their followers never make a stand and fight back against them. Physical intimidation, as well as emotional and psychological, is used to frighten followers. Punishments are given out to anybody that opposes them and tries to bring them down. Whatever happens in a punishment is usually set as an example to followers as what will happen to them if they oppose the leader as well. When fighting, both like to fight against weaker opponents because they know those engagements are perfect for them to come out victorious. School bullies and dictators like to be leaders by themselves, so if another bully arrives, a fight will usually occur for whoever will rule the school; if somebody claims part of a dictator’s land, they will certainly battle to declare the land theirs again. Both dictators and school bullies definitely try to remain in power by demonstrating their strength.

Furthermore, both school bullies and dictators are very eloquent speakers. The school bully is capable of committing a wrong that gets him or herself into trouble and is then able to talk themselves out of it and put the blame onto somebody else. They can get away with it looking sweet and innocent as if they were never performing any bad activities. Dictators, namely Adolf Hitler, are amazing talkers as well. Hitler had to give many speeches during his campaign to become chancellor of Germany, which then brought him into position of ruler of the Third Reich. That rulership ultimately led to his extermination of Jews.

Additionally, both school bullies and dictators usually do not work alone. School bullies like to be a part of gangs that give them a sense of security. With their gang, they intimidate everybody in the school and defeat rival gangs. Dictators have several advisors that help them run their country and help dictators figure out what their next strategic move should be. Without their henchman, both school bullies and dictators would not be as strong and powerful as they currently are.

There are a couple differences between dictators and school bullies. A dictator rules a large amount of land; a school bully is just the leader of his or her school. Dictators are always looking to expand their territory by conquering nearby territories, however school bullies cannot do this because they are limited to their school’s boundaries.

Despite dictators being on a much larger scale, school bullies and dictators are very similar. Both school bullies and dictators are oppressors that intimidate the weak. Students can persevere against their school’s bully and country’s citizens can persevere against their dictators. People can either deal with the leadership or decide to fight back and stand up for themselves. Dictators and school bullies surely are more similar than one would think.

_____________________________

Flag Note

Your opening paragraph used sources without documentation for its definition of "dictator" and "bully"; these definitions have been removed. For future reference, make sure you put quotations in quotation marks and inform the reader of the source of the quotation, otherwise your essay might be accused of plagiarism, which is a mighty sin! Moreover the essay rehashes the typical arguments made about the similarities between bullies and dictators, again without documenting any of the sources of those arguments. It's great that you want to do research, but if you are going to do that, then you must also inform the reader of the results of that research so that it is clear how it is being used in your essay. (For example, you might do that with a sentence like the following: "As Billy McBilly argues, bullies and dictators share the trait of arrogance"; you would then to need to let your reader know, in a footnote or endnote, where Billy McBilly makes this claim.)

If you wish, you may make the necessary corrections and resubmit your essay for a review of your own work..
Submitted by: rangersfan414

About rangersfan414