Although Innovations Such As Video - Flagged

"Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position."

Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The statement while innovations offer schools new ways for education, students are likely to be disturbed by these new technologies partially reflects the situation. Surely, recent centuries witness many innovations. Students watch videos, search for information on the internet, and analysis data on computers. They are surfing on the internet to look for information they need in their study. No matter whether the videos are relevant to their study or not, videos show them vividly what happen around. They do not have to see a movie in a cinema because it is always available on the internet at home. Some of them would like to develop some interesting programs using computers and other like to play cyber games. Innovations greatly change students' ways of learning.

The statement proposes that new technologies prevent students from real learning. The standpoint is based on the assumption that students use new technologies inappropriately. Looking back at the introduction, one could argue that students could use internet looking for information that do not related to their study such as news on Hollywood movie stars. So the information on the internet draws their attention away from study and they waste time they could spend on their study. One could also argue that students could play cyber games all day long and spend no time on their study. The cyber games are more interesting than the knowledge. Therefore, new technologies could distract students and prevents them from learning new knowledge.

However, new technologies offer students new methods of learning and assist students in their study. The information on the internet is far more comprehensive and latest than that contained in books, so knowledge is not limited to their books and students could choose whatever they want to learn. Knowledge from books may be outdated because new discoveries could overthrow previous theories. For instance, the results of latest experiments disapprove the evolution principal of Robert Darwin. If students want to learn a specific knowledge that they have forgot, the information on the internet would be useful. When the have some questions, teachers would not always be close at hand, while the internet would be far more convenient.

Contrary to the statement, we can see how new technologies aid students to learn knowledge vividly. When teaches give a lecture on lizard, teachers describe the structure of it, its appearance and its live habit. Students would find monotonous verbal description tedious and students would soon get boring. If there is a video showing students the details mentioned above, students would find it more interesting and they could be more likely to remember the knowledge. In the same way, some biological process in cell is subtle, so it is hard for students to understand them only by verbal description. With a video, all the parts that play their roles in the process can be vividly presented to students. Therefore students could visualize them in their mind. Impressed by videos in the classes, students are less likely to forget knowledge.

Additionally, utilization of new technologies helps students to explore their intelligence and develop their interests, which would be useful in future. Some students find it interesting to design programs on a computer and if they develop these skills, they would be likely to write software in future. Other may find foreign movies interesting, and so they may start to learn a foreign language. Acquisition of a foreign language may provide them with opportunity to work in an international company.

From tools of stone to the computer, human have made innovations all along. Innovations provide human with convenience and help them to learn more knowledge from others. There is no need to return back to the age of writing points of knowledge on the blackboards all through classes but pleasantly accept the chance that new technologies would improve education and help students study well.

Flag note

This essay has been flagged for deletion because its primary issue is the large number of language errors. We cannot address that issue here. If you wish to undertake a review of English grammar and mechanics, you may find Purdue University's writing site helpful.

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/1/
Submitted by: alan

About alan