Government Officials Should Rely On Their Own Judgment Rather Than Unquestioningly Carry Out The Will Of The People Whom They Serve - Flagged With Response

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The speaker’s assertion is that government officials should perform depending on their own discernment instead of duplicate the request of people they serve. This alternative choice has an intimate concern with the official’s methodology in dealing with the inevitable nuance between the opinion of populace and the premeditation of government. Despite some special circumstance that the official may put the will of people primarily, I generally agree that the government officials should value their judgment more in decision making.

Hardly can officials perform totally according the will of people they serve because the criterion is difficult to set up to evaluate and screen the mass opinion. Under most of the occasions the opinions of people cannot be univocal because the constitution of crowd is multifaceted in class, vocation, age and political tendency. This means that just regarding one voice of some people would impede the realization of the will of others. If officials only consider the request of people, they might trap in dilemma in issues like whether or not to build up golf center in rural area, to ban millionaires to buy coat made from extinctive animals, and to give homosexuals equal marital right. Their decision, once follows the will of some groups, will definitely damage the interest of other groups, which might lead to a wide-range debate of the solutions and even escalate to conflict between different interest group.

Comparatively, as members of supervisors, government officials often have an overall view of problems and solutions in their field. Government officials have the ability and resource to receive comprehensive information and statistics on the specific issue under their concerns. Consequently they always have an extensive understanding of the issue. Additionally, officials tend to have time-tested experience in grasping the apropos solution among different proposals, which gives more credence to their judgment. Deng Xiao Ping, the great creator of opening and reform in China, once bore a great burden given by his people who claim that the policy will destroy the socialism nature. But the decades’ of the enforcement of this policy prove the rightness of Mr. Deng. The overall views of official would sometimes stand out from the mass opinion and provide the appropriate solution of the issue.

However, in some specific occasions, the will of people should be put in the first place. Judging from history, there are mainly two circumstances that officials should give way to the voice of mass. Firstly, when the opinion of major people is unexceptionally unified, it is destructive if the government disregards mass opinion. Secondly, when people hold a dubious view to the government, the government should do self-examination and regard more to the opinion of people.

In sum, except some specific condition, it is advisable to persist on the own-making of the government rather than the voice of public. Because the public opinion is so various that it is unequal to regard only one opinion and on the other hand, the government official have the capacity to make the appropriate choice.

__________________________

This essay has been flagged for deletion because its primary issue is the large number of language errors. Unfortunately, we are unable to address that issue here, except to say, in this case, that the issue is not just one of grammatical errors but also one of usage errors. You could probably significantly reduce the number of errors by adopting a simpler syntax and not trying to impress your reader with the range of your vocabulary; it is much better to use a simple, more limited vocabulary correctly. I believe this is the issue that you most need to address. If you are interested in undertaking a review of English grammar, mechanics, and usage, you may find Purdue University's writing site helpful: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/1/

You should also try to read good English prose every day. Reading the reviews of GRE essays on this site may help you avoid some of the common pitfalls that students encounter writing such essays.
Submitted by: sanjiangxiaodu

About sanjiangxiaodu