Impact Of Someone New In Your Life Of Secrets, Truths, And Lies

Nothing is perfect in a relationship. In your relationship with your partner, friend, or anyone else important to you, everything is not going to be perfect. Secrets are kept and lies are told, and the introduction of someone new in your relationship is not going to make things better. This new person is going to have negative impacts on your relationship as they have no knowledge of what happened or what is going on – in your relationship. They will try to gain more knowledge and try to reveal the secrets and the truths. Secrets are best kept for the safety of the relationship, sometimes the truth isn’t always better than lies, and someone new will mostly have negative impacts in your life and relationship.

Secrets are best kept for the safety of relationships. Most of the time, keeping secrets just leads to unnecessary problems and dilemma. In avoidance with the unnecessary problems and dilemma, some relationships survive only because of the level of “safety” that the secret is kept in. If you keep this level of security taut, then the other individual involved in the relationship has a low possibility of discovering the secrets you keep, and you could keep this person in your life for an extensive period of time until this level eventually decades and the other individual discovers about the secrets. Keeping secrets can be used for good or bad reasons. A good means of using secrets is in adoption. You do not want to break the adopted child’s heart and you choose not to tell him/her that he/she was adopted. A bad way of keeping secrets is when you cheat on your partner and you do not want them to find out. The author, Michael Healey, of the play, The Drawer Boy, shows us that keeping secrets will lead to the secret being eventually revealed. After the secrets have been uncovered, the relationship will receive hardships. After the secrets have been revealed, you have the choice to lie to try to keep the secret safe or you could tell the truth, admitting that you have been keeping secrets, and the secrets are completely out of the level of “safety”. In this way, keeping secrets is very close in relation with telling the truth and lying.

Telling the truth is generally the better thing to do. This avoids the unnecessary problems, drama, and loss of trust that may perhaps come with your lies when the one close to you finds out. But telling the truth is not always the right thing to do as sometimes the truth hurts. Lies can be told to keep people happy. Lies can be told to keep people away from getting hurt and as a barrier from the cold-hearted truth. Lying is only a good thing if and only if they are done for the benefit of the general good. As portrayed in The Drawer Boy, Morgan lies to Angus nearly all of the time, only to protect Angus from getting upset and to protect him from the harm that he may impose on himself and others if he finds out about the cruel truth. Whether you lie or tell the truth to your partner, your partner, in your relationship, is going to believe you due to the trust that he/she may enfold on you. Someone new in your life may open up your partner’s eyes and this new person can show your partner if you have been lying and/or keeping secrets. This new person will eventually reveal to your partner the actual truth.

A stranger or someone new in your life can come in between your relationship and they can affect your relationship a great deal. This new person could choose to mind his/her own business and not attempt to do anything to find out about the secrets that may be concealed in the relationship. This new person could even choose to find out the truth behind everything and try to inform both parties about what has been going on in their relationship. The new person may also choose to blackmail you or the new person may choose to do anything that he pleases. This goes back to the amount of truths or lies and that level of “safety” that the secrets kept in. This new person, with the information that he/she has gained, may now have complete control or authority over you and you may be powerless and end up finally telling the truth to your significant other as portrayed by the stranger, Miles, and the two friends, Morgan and Angus, in The Drawer Boy. This new person in your life does not know why these secrets are kept in the relationship, and their only view is that keeping secrets is a bad thing. However, secrets may be kept for good reasons as well. The new person does not know the reasons why you’re keeping the secrets and may choose to reveal all your secrets in your relationship. In this way, new people in your life mainly have negative impacts as they don’t have much information or they don’t know what has happened in the past and what the people in the relationship are going through and the reasons for keeping secrets and telling lies.

Secrets are best kept unrevealed for the safety of the relationship. Truths aren’t always better than lies. A new person in your life can affect your relationship in a negative way. Keeping secrets is not good but it can be used for few good things. Telling lies is also considered bad but, just like secrets, it can be used for good things. Someone new in your life will try to find out and reveal the secrets and lies that you may have told in your relationship with your significant other. Are secrets best kept for the safety of relationships? Is the truth always better than lies? How much can a friendship suffer by the impact of someone new?

Submitted by: justwriting

JayCharles
+1

Good essay. Wish I could write like that. Truly inspiring.
April,16 2010

Uberiyer
+1

This is a good essay.
It needs some transition words but other than that, it's truly wonderful!
May,25 2010

Kumarisurya
+1

Good betttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeer bbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
May,29 2010

Wilpowa2010
+1

You have very strong thoughts about this subject - great. One thing I would recommend to you when writing is to have a direction in the way you write, there seemed to be a lot of repeitition inthe essay, not taking it away from the story line but structure it in such a way that it has bigger impact when you first state something and repeating it won't sound so anti-climactic.
Your belief in this subject is quite commendable though...
September,24 2010

Damanka2001
+1

Impressive writinng. You need improve on the suspense and informative part that reader are eager to know. Keep it Up!!!
April,03 2011