Educational Institutions Have A Responsibility To Dissuade Students From Pursuing Fields Of Study In Which They Are Unlikely To Succeed. - With A Free Essay Review

Education institutions are permitted to demotivate students from following fields of study that show no scope for a successful career in the future. As ingenuous individuals entering into a professional study environment, students mistakenly choose majors that they cannot excel in. Before selecting a field of study, a student must research both its pros and cons. Absence of counseling systems in most education institutions will result in students selecting majors that lead to unsuccessful careers upon completion. Encouraging students to pursue a field that they can succeed in will subsequently play an important role in ensuring that the student is guaranteed a successful career at a later stage.

Present day educational institutions are constantly updated about current fields of employment that are most successful. Knowledge about employment rates will help them guide students, at a rudimentary stage, toward a field that has greater career opportunities. A decade ago, the most successful fields of study were engineering and health sciences. Nowadays, fields such as finance, accounting, computing etc. are the most thriving fields and individuals who were shrewd to pick these fields have been gifted a concrete career. With skyrocketing unemployment rates, educational institutions must take the responsibility of detouring students at an early stage to successful areas of study and extirpate fields that show a decaying job market in the future.

Parental pressure drives most students to select a major that conflagrates very little interest. In the long run, this can be disadvantageous for the student if they do not find ways to motivate themselves during the course of study. But if educational institutions interview students about their areas of interest prior to admitting students into the chosen field of study, they can ensure that the student will be content with the course they select and they will succeed upon completion. Having no one to guide you during the strenuous stages of selecting a major will amount to great regret when faced with unemployment.

To survive in this competitive world one needs a stable career. Guidance at early stages can produce a fruitful result after graduation. Even if the current successful field of study does not interest a student, with a little perseverance and motivation they will eventually grow to appreciate the area which will ultimately help them in the future. What's more, if the student thrives in the area they choose they can pursue higher education finally emerging as acumen individuals that most industries seek.

In conclusion, it is advisable and important for all educational institutions to guide students during the initial stages of choosing a field of study to ensure that they will be successful individuals with a prosperous career.

______________________________

Your essay is reasonably well written and at least has the surprisingly unusual merit of not arguing about whether educational institutions have the ability to identify students unlikely to succeed in a given discipline, a point not in question in the prompt. Unfortunately you do focus on the question of career success, whereas the prompt focuses rather on the question of success in a field of study, which seems to imply that you should be concerned with the question of academic success. If I am right about that, then most of your essay is unfortunately not relevant to a discussion of the given claim. Here's the issue that you ought to be thinking about. Let's say after being admitted to a university, I decide I want to study theoretical physics. Let's say it's unlikely that I would do well in courses in theoretical physics. In that case, does the university have a responsibility to dissuade me from pursuing that field of study? Decide what the issues relevant to deciding that question are, and then take another bash at this essay.

Submitted by: penNpaper88

About penNpaper88