Governments Should Offer College And University Education Free Of Charge To All Students - With A Free Essay Review

Prompt: "Governments should offer college and university education free of charge to all students. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position."

Governments should not offer college and university education free of charge to all students. Education is must for each and every person and for the development of country education should be promoted. To promote the higher education the fee structure of colleges and universities should be nominal.

Nominal fees should be taken from the students to provide them basic facilities. For the maintenance of the college building, to fulfill the basic needs of teaching, funds are required. So governments should make this universities as subsidies and a part of expenditure should be taken from students in terms of fees.

Some parents cannot afford the fees of higher education of their children, and because of their low financial position student won't able to take the higher education. So financial support should be provided to needy students in terms of reduction of their fees. Fees should be exempted to the students whose parents position are below the poverty level.

Fees structure of some private colleges and universities are too high and this financial expenditure is creating unnecessary burden on guardians. So Government should issue rules for proper fee structure of higher education and make it compulsory to be followed by all colleges and universities.

__________________________________

You've essentially written a policy paper here, asserting what you think the government should do. Unfortunately that is not what the prompt requires you to do and for that reason you would likely get little or no credit for your answer in an actual test situation. Try to take another bash at this essay, but this time explain why you think governments should or should not offer free education, and explain that by way of a consideration of the possible "circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous."

Submitted by: shefalis

About shefalis