Nations Should Pass Laws To Preserve Any Remaining Wilderness Areas - With A Free Essay Review

Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain. Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Nations should pass laws to preserve wilderness areas. These wilderness areas are very productive and useful as they contain enormous natural resources. So these should be protected so that no one can harm them and their originality will remain as it is. For example an area where plenty of oil ores are available should be protected. Entry of vehicles should be prohibited there. Laws should be made to prevent excessive of oil exploration from the ores. Limits should be decided on quantity of exploration of oil. Laws should be made on deciding factors like interruption of private agencies, establishment of purifying plant etc.

Places where natural resources are available can be developed for economic gain, but should be developed only up to that extent which should not harm its natural state. So many technological developments can be done at the wilderness areas. For example, if near the uranium ores nuclear power plants are made , this will be convenient and more economical. As cost of transportation of raw material, uranium safe packaging will be saved, there are so many advantages of constructing power plant near the uranium ores.

But other factors are also important; nuclear waste can damage the naturality of the wilderness areas and can cause their degradation. So proper laws should be made by government to protect wilderness areas.

__________________________________

You focus your attention here on the wrong task. You spend most of the essay communicating what you think ought to be done or not done with wilderness areas. Instead of just prescribing what ought to happen, however, you need to make specific arguments in defense of your position on the policy proposed by the prompt. The policy as written implies that preserving wilderness areas in their natural state is more important than exploiting such areas for economic gain. Your need to make an explicit argument that clarifies whether and why you agree with that position. So instead of saying “nations should pass laws to preserve wilderness areas,” you should say “nations should pass laws to preserve wilderness areas because X.” What X is will depend on what you think the relevant issues are: Why are wilderness areas valuable? Who can benefit from them? What purpose does preserving them in their natural state serve? What harm is done in exploiting them?

Submitted by: shefalis

About shefalis