Should Universities Accept Equal Number Of Male And Female Students In Every Subject? - With A Free Essay Review

Personally, I tend to disagree with the opinion that higher education institutes should recruit the same numbers of male students as females in all subjects.

It can be argued that to accept varied numbers of men and women students for each subject is not only beneficial to universities but to students. To begin with, higher education providers may make their curricula more diverse. Not surprisingly, putting a gender number limit on every subject that is designed for students to freely select would inevitably lower the diversity, as not all subjects own the same popularity among male and female students. Furthermore, students can gain access to subjects that they genuinely like. Provided that universities manage to set up a variety of courses which are without gender number restriction, students would be able to still choose their preferred course that has already reached a sex balance. In fact, accepting different numbers of male and female students, to some extent, may promote the development of universities in terms of financial revenue and sustainability.

Granted, it may be tempting to argue that universities ought to accept equal numbers of male and female students for every subject. Those who are in favour of this view believe that schools can administrate their human resources more efficiently and allocate teaching facilities more effectively. Nevertheless, universities’ priority has never been simplifying the administrative procedures. It is cultivating students which should be emphasised. Instead, schools should embrace the disparity of males and females in various subjects.

In conclusion, I would suggest that higher education institutes accept distinct numbers of males and females for each subject to ensure the majority of students can engage in subjects that they truly like to fulfill their potential.

____________________________________

Your arguments are generally unclear. It is not clear why you say “education providers may make their curricula more diverse,” for instance, or what relevance that claim has to the statement you are assessing. In the next sentence, it’s not clear what you are referring to when you say “diversity” and so it is not clear how that is impacted by having the same number of male and female students in every course. You say that “students can gain access to subjects that they genuinely like” but again it’s not clear what your point is in saying that. Are you saying, for instance, that in the absence of a policy dictating the same number of male and female students for every course, students can gain access to subjects that they genuinely like? If that is what you are saying, why are you saying it? It might be better to make the argument the other; i.e, explain why that policy would prevent, in your view, students from taking the courses they would like to take.

So the argument that you want to make here is very difficult to follow. One of the problems is just the awkward language you use. Use simple, straightforward language. Instead of saying “putting a gender number limit on every subject,” for example, say “requiring an equal number of male and females students in every subject.” The other problem is that you don’t provide sufficient reasons to explain the conclusions you arrive at. You conclude your second paragraph, for example, with a claim about “financial revenue and sustainability” that is unexplained.

Submitted by: michael wei

About michael wei