Governments Should Offer A Free University Education To Any Student Who Has Been Admitted - With A Free Essay Review

Prompt: “Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition. Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.”

A very important factor that shows that a nation is developing is the rate at which the number of illiterate children decrease in the nation. All students of a nation should get education. Students not being able to afford tuition fees should not be the reason for them to quit their studies. But offering free education to every student who cannot afford the tuition is not feasible as there would be many such students in the nation and government cannot offer free education for all of them without help from people in higher class of the society.

Instead universities can have restrictions on number of such students for whom free education can be offered each year. This system should be followed by all the universities so that certain number of students can be educated free of cost every year. But even with policies like that, people tend to cheat by providing some fake proofs to show that they cannot afford the tuition fee even though they can.

Government should of course offer university education to all the students. This can be done by reducing the tuition fee based on how much each of those students can afford. Students can also be offered some part-time jobs in the college itself or can be offered to assist professors and paid for the same. This would help students pay their minimum fees and also continue university education. Hence, all students must be given education at the cost they can afford instead of providing free education.

_________________________

You are not really answering the question asked here. You begin by talking about illiteracy which is not relevant to the proposed policy. Then you claim that the inability to pay tuition should not prevent anyone from pursuing their studies, but you don’t offer any reason to support that claim. You next claim that governments cannot offer free education to all students who cannot afford tuition, but you don’t explain why you think that, aside from speculating that there would be many such students. (Presumably the ability of a government to carry out the policy would depend on the wealth of the particular country and the cost of university education in that country).

The essay also does not consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy (and so obviously it also doesn’t “explain how these consequences shape your position’). Instead of doing that, you offer an alternative to the policy, which you are not required to do, and for which you would get no credit. You need to make sure that your essay responds to the instructions, and does so explicitly, in this case with sentences like: “One possible consequence of the policy would be an increase in competition for university places. This would result in X and Y. Obviously these outcomes would benefit society (for example). For that reason, the policy would seem to be good. However, another possible consequences is Z (where Z is something negative). That’s a possible consequence because etc. For that reason the policy etc.”

Submitted by: shree_2012

About shree_2012