Treatment Of Landfill Leachate By Fenton Oxidation Process - With A Response

Leachate samples for the current research were collected from the sanitary landfill site of Shiraz, Iran, which has been in operation since summer 1997 and is expected to operate for the next 20 years. Samples were taken for purposes of characterization and for comparison via physico-chemical trials. The leachates were collected in 20 L plastic bottles, transported to the laboratory, stored at 4 ◦C and subsequently characterized. Physico-chemical analyses (pH, COD, ammonium-nitrogen) were performed according to Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater [15]. The characteristic values of the parameters for leachate samples under study are presented in Table 1. As shown in Table 1, the leachate contained high concentrations of organic (COD=43000 mg/l). Based on these parameters, it was expected that the biological treatment should be followed by a chemical post-treatment. The purpose of the post-treatment was to reduce the organic load and achieve the standard limits for discharge.

RESPONSE

This brings back wonderful memories (I won't say of what) which just goes to show how the most pedestrian prose can be evocative under the right circumstances. In any case, I can only review essays, so I have nothing to say, sorry to say, about this report, beyond the fact that it seems to be error-free (well you don't specify the organic matter found, and that's an error unless scientists conventionally use "organic" as shorthand for "organic material.") Please do return if you ever have an essay to submit.

Submitted by: roya_nn62

About roya_nn62